Piccadilly Footwear Warranty Form
ABOUT OUR WARRANTY
Since 1955 Piccadilly has followed the dream of Almiro Grings, creating footwear inspired by the main fashion trends to enhance the beauty and wellbing of women of many styles. The brand is a synonym internationally for quality and is the only brand to have TechMix, a set of exclusive technologies. Those who try Piccadilly will never change for anything else. Since the year of 2008, Piccadilly is part of SATRA (British Technology Centre), one of the most important technology centre in shoes’ development and technology. Before reaching the points of sale, the most comfortable shoes in the world undergo various specialized processes and machinery, such as the Upper Flexometer - which determines the resistance of the material to bending - and the Hydrolysis Aging Test which assesses the behavior of the material in relation to chemical hydrolysis.
Wear and tear on a pair of shoes is quite normal. We lead busy lives, doing a wide range of activities out and about in the world. This takes a natural toll on our footwear. However, there are ways to prevent some shoe breakdown. A few easy tricks can help you prolong the longevity of your shoes! But footwear requires care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Piccadilly is not liable for shoes that show normal wear and tear over time or are abused. Scratches and abrasions are inevitable under routine use. Outsoles support many times our own bodyweight and will wear down overtime.
Footwear Care Guidelines
How a shoe wears will vary from person-to-person as well as from shoe-to-shoe and depends on intended product use. Factors such as gait, weight, load and terrain have a dramatic effect on wear. Approach shoes that utilize climbing rubber are designed for specific conditions and will generally experience faster wear time than standard rubber outsoles, especially when worn daily for casual use on cement and carpet. All shoes will inevitably show wear and tear. This is not considered to be defective. Please note that carpet and cement wear rubber considerably faster than natural surfaces.
- Of course, the first step is always the same: purchase shoes that fit properly. This assures that shoes bend in the places designed to bend while providing the greatest support to feet. When shoes are not properly fit, they are forced to bend in places not designed to bend and this accelerates breakdown and wear. So, first get the right shoes for your feet.
- Prevent breakdown by alternating footwear. If your shoes normally last one year, buy a new pair when the first pair is 6 months old. By alternating, your feet will tell you when the older pair is worn out. If you’ve been wearing your shoes for a while, you can look at them to detect a wear pattern.
- Shoe repair specialists recommend bringing your shoes in for a “check-up”, about 3-4 months after you buy them. They can help you detect the wear pattern and determine if they need any preventive work to help them last longer.
Taking time to take care of your shoes will allow them to perform at their peak as long as possible. Here are some tips to extend the life of your shoes.
• All of our shoes can be cleaned using mild soap and water. Remember to remove footbeds and laces, and to thoroughly rinse off any soap
• To remove dirt, stains etc., use a clean rag or bristled brush
• Do not put shoes in the washing machine or dryer. Do not dip the shoes in water or rinse them under the tap.
• If you completely wet the shoe, fill the shoe with dry paper and leave for 1 hour. Remove the paper and repeat until the shoe is completely dry.
• Allow shoes to dry at room temperature over night. DO NOT dry shoes near heat sources such as space heaters, open fires, or hair dryers, never directly in the sun.
Please see Cleaning Tips for more details.
Things That Void Our Warranty
• Damages due to wear & tear may occur on the toe of the shoes & in the lines, painted or plated heels, resulting from how they are used, and such incidents are not typical for replacing or exchanging the product. Please note, these are ‘worn’ not defective
• We are not liable for repairing shoes which show normal wear and tear, these are ‘worn’ not defective
• Intentional misuse
• Fit issues that arise after the shoes have been used. Fit issues should be resolved before the shoes hit the trail. If you are in doubt about the fit of your new shoes, we suggest wearing them around the house for a few hours.
• Returns on products which show normal wear and tear, these are “worn” not defective.
• Any damage incurred from washing machines or do-it-yourself repairs.
Footwear Warranty Claim Form
Note: Please read all of our guidelines above before filling this form! Please email this form to: email@example.com
Purchase Date: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Requested Action: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________